Feb 2, 2018 – Are you a UX-centric developer with React.js experience interested in designing, developing, and giving valuable and appreciated input in the creation of award winning websites that receive over 1.3M hits a year?
Escalade Sports is looking for a contracted web developer to assist a growing creative department that drives the marketing of over 30 Internationally recognized and industry leading brands, such as Goalrilla Basketball, Bear Archery, Stiga Table Tennis, Unicorn Darting, Viva-Sol Outdoor Games, and Trophy Ridge Accessories.
We are looking for someone who is forward thinking, excited and passionate about development, and isn’t interested in using cookie cutter templates. We need someone who actively stays on top of trends and wants to continue learning and growing.
We are building sites for massive international brands that we need to make as impactful as possible, and we want you to join our team and help make that a reality!
Job Purpose: The Contract Web Developer is responsible for assisting in building key platform technologies as well as the optimization and maintenance of all company and brand web sites and web-based marketing initiatives.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Designs and develops visually appealing responsive web sites and branded experiences.
- Optimize and test features across all major browsers on desktop and mobile devices.
- Collaborate with Lead Front End Web Developer, Designers, Product Managers and Developers to create branded experiences.
- Make sure all user interactions are well-designed and implemented correctly.
- Collaborate with peers on best practices and promote knowledge sharing.
- Troubleshoots and provides continual maintenance and upgrades of web sites.
- Stays up to date or current and future UX/UI standards and best practices.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in web design/development.
- Extensive experience developing responsive sites.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize in a deadline driven environment.
- Takes initiative in driving a project forward to completion.
- Detail-oriented and has creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of React.js
- Working knowledge of Node.js
- Working knowledge of Git or similar version control system