Store number: Corporate Office
Shopping center: Evansville
Street address: 7500 E Columbia Street
General Summary: The eCommerce Web and Graphic Designer will work independently and in a team oriented environment to produce assets for our various marketing channels and other business needs.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of creativity as well as the ability to handle tight deadlines with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and HTML/CSS.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop high visibility, production-ready graphics and visual assets for the website, mobile app and social platforms with a strong focus on usability and user experience and understanding of how designs translate to code.
- Design and build marketing focused emails, as well as landing pages to support marketing campaigns, events or product messages with a strong focus on usability and user experience.
- Code and test graphics, visual assets, emails, display advertisements and landing pages using HTML/CSS.
- Maintain accurate and thorough attention to detail and quality on all assets created.
- Create layouts and templates to provide maximum usability and focus on user experience for all assets.
- Provide quality assurance and usability testing across all devices and browsers for all assets to identify and correct any issues.
- Participate in creative team brainstorming meetings collaborating with team members to combine product, promotions and photography direction with strong design concepts.
- Create and communicate design concepts through the development of design comps and storyboards.
- Adheres to defined creative workflow and contributes to the evolution of our overall creative process.
- Ensure all timelines and deadlines are met and keep team members informed of project status and proactively bring issues to their attention.
- Working closely with key team members, create design style and specification guides continually striving to elevate the design aesthetic and overall user experience.
- Ensure all assets are consistent, innovative, accurate and meet all marketing and brand requirements.
- Remain current with industry changes in design philosophy and new tools and technologies being used for web and graphic design.
- Fosters a collaborative, fast-paced, dynamic and energetic environment.
- Maintains an organized and detailed graphics library.
- Performs additional functions that may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- Working with key team members, perform analysis of user interaction with creative assets on the website and within emails to learn and continuously improve assets.
Requirements (knowledge, skills & abilities):
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field, or commensurate experience.
- Must have portfolio that demonstrates creative and technical execution of recent work.
- Must be proficient with Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Working knowledge of InDesign and Illustrator a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Responsive Web design (RWD).
- Ability to work independently and self-manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks independently.
- Highly motivated with a high level of self-initiative and excellent time management skills.
- Positive team player with excellent communication skills, willingness to collaborate and ability to take direction.
- Flexibility and confidence when working through design revisions, from initial brainstorming to execution and refinement.
- Excellent ability to generate, articulate and present creative ideas and strategies through wireframes, mockups, sketches, and written specifications.
- Strong understanding or working knowledge of web design, and the fundamentals of user experience.
- A willingness and desire to re-examine what you know in order to continually challenge your skills and creativity.