About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
14News, the Tri-State’s News and Weather Leader and NBC affiliate, is the dominant #1 news team on all platforms in Evansville, IN (DMA 105). We go where the news is, covering stories in southwestern Indiana, southeastern Illinois, and western Kentucky on-air, online, and OTT.
To provide support to the producers of the newscasts in a timely and professional manner. May include gathering news facts through interviews, editing of video including reporter packages, live remotes with and without a reporter. Drive station vehicles. Occasional duties may include creating and updating content or providing live updates through social media on the scene of breaking news. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Produce top-quality video as assigned
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Good sight and hearing, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to routinely lift and move approximately 50 pounds
- Familiarity with social media and ability to fill in as the back-up newscast editor as needed
- High degree of journalistic integrity and professionalism
- Proven ability to work well with other people and to work under pressure of a deadline
- Indoor and outdoor work in a variety of weather as well as considerable amount of time driving requires use, lifting and moving of cameras, audio equipment, broadcast lighting equipment, tripods, newsroom computers with dual screens, and live pack gear
requires training, use, and annual certification on all of WFIE remote live trucks
- 2 years at a broadcast station, as a new photographer
- Reporting experience a plus, remote experience desirable as well as editing skills
- Come join our dynamic news team, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings search for station call letters and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Drivers License