This position is for an Information Technology professional that has a desire to learn and grow in a growing organization. An understanding of the organizations business goals is essential as well as the ability to adapt and contribute to these goals. In addition to technical savvy this person must be a goal-oriented self-starter.
Frontend responsibilities will include implementation of UI/UX designs that will produce the visual elements of the web sites and web applications. You will work both independently and with the UI/UX designers and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and contributing to how the application looks as well as how it works.
Backend development duties will include both consuming and creating API or other typically server-side functions, such as AWS Lambdas. You will utilize other platform APIs, both internal and third-party, from within application code as well as design and implement new routes and endpoints that can be consumed by other applications. Preferably, you would have a strong understanding of asynchronous processing, HTTP requests and JSON.
- Contribute top-notch programming skills to develop innovative, consumer-facing, and enterprise website solutions
- Demonstrate thoughtful leadership in the application of technology to business and consumer needs
- Support and collaborate with clients, other developers, and designers to determine business and technical solutions
- Continually deliver creative solutions with awesome execution
Required Technical Skills
- An understanding of the component design pattern and how to apply it in a reusable way
- Active understanding of semantic HTML, the DOM, and document outlines
- Able to build website layouts to design without the aid of CSS frameworks
- Responsive design techniques using CSS media queries and flexible layouts
- Interacting with web APIs and an understanding of HTTP status codes
- Experience writing automated tests
Preferred Technical Skills
- Experience in other frameworks and tools like Angular and Vue.js
- Familiarity with Node.js and Express
- Continuous Integration using tools
- DevOps experience on platforms like AWS or Azure
- Confident using GitHub and vanilla Git
- Literacy in the areas of user experience design and information architecture
- Other language and platform experience, Python, Go, .NET, etc.
- Active open source contributor
- Passionate about the application of technology, not just the writing of code
- Clear and effective communicator
- Advocate for early testing with complete code coverage
- Enjoys learning new technologies and helping fellow teammates
- Can translate industry developments into actionable client opportunities
- Position requires sitting, talking and listening at least 2/3 of the time
- Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds
- Fine motor coordination
- Office environment
- Occasional travel may be required